Tuesday 2 September 2008

Downhill


What is happening to Naija sports? I as watching some Naija boxer (Durodola) the other day and I thought lets hope he does well. That was before I noticed he was up against a Cuban. I felt a little less buoyant about his chances but still wanted him to do well This guy had no business being around a boxing ring nevermind actually in one. He couldnt punch, had no defence and really was to sloppy. I have seen women flailing to better effect than him. Needless to say he scored no points in 4 rounds of boxing. He will probably be the only boxer in the whole Olympics to fail to score a single point.

I couldnt believe that he was actually the best we could offer. Either we have no talent in that weight category or we actually think that he was good enough. Thats just scary.

The silver medal won by the footballers was only a little redemption. We really are too selfish a people to even raise ourselves up. Officials live better than participants.

1 comment:

  1. It dosent even look like a footballer, talkless of a boxer. What jokes!

    ReplyDelete