Friday 15 August 2008

Some Week






Its been some week that just passed. Bernie Mac died and then over the weekend Isaac Hayes drops dead next to his treadmill. Thats just cold. Its not as if other people haven't died but these two were trailblazers. I should have bought those Isaac Hayes CDs I was looking at earlier this year. Damn!

I know of a lot of people remember Bernie Mac from his film and TV work. But you should listen to his stand up. He was a genuinely humorous guy. I love the Original Kings of Comedy CD. They wrecked the stage on that tour.

And the Black Moses had soul locked down in the 70s. I can never get enough of the album Hot Buttered Soul. And I listened to the tracks 'The Look of Love' and 'Don't Let Go' some days ago and I really understood what the word evergreen means.

Here's to a couple of OGs! RIP. Evergreen memories.

1 comment:

  1. I know. I feel so sad about their losses, especially Bernie Mac. There wont be a Ocean's Thirteen anymore...sniff

    ReplyDelete